Peaches (not too ripe, a little firm), halved and pitted
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- olive oil
Blueberry syrup from Felt Like a Foodie (Click here for link)
Optional: Some toasted pecans or granola
- Have your gas grill set to medium heat and have a spot for indirect heating.
- Brush peach halves with olive oil
- Place the peaches CUT SIDE DOWN on grill and cook about 5 minutes. (Don’t fuss with them.)
- Flip over, move to the part of your grill for indirect heating and cook with the lid closed until starting to get tender, about 4 minutes.
- Right before you want to take them off the grill, add a dollop of goat cheese to the center of each peach and drizzle of honey if you desire. (The spot where the pit was laying is a perfect little hole.)
- Shut grill top and cook another minute.
- Gently move from grill, top with blueberry syrup and crunchy toppings.
The funny thing about food blogging is that sometimes I have to remember that there are people who just want a recipe….this is one of those blogs….so I heard people and put the recipe first…this time. (Plus I learned how to learn a new little application that will hopefully allow you to just print the recipe.)
I was grilling last week on one of the most beautiful days that we’ve had this summer. I was pulling anything I could out of the refrigerator and putting it on the grill. I wanted every excuse to stay outside absorbing the sun.
I tossed on the peaches as a fluke. I’ve made grilled peaches in the past and they were good.
I prepared them as stated in the above recipe and posted the pictures to social media. I got a ton of feedback so I knew that even if I don’t have a good story to share…I had to get this recipe up before my seasonal ingredients were no longer seasonal.
So here you go…have a go at them…be creative…and have a peachy day.